We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
- Popular collections
- Half term
For all the gorgeous chocolate cakes around (and there are many), I still have a soft spot for these crunchy, chewy little buns. Oh come on, don't tell me you don't like them! so get COOKING!!!
299 people made this
- 50g (2 oz) butter
- 4 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 (100g) bar good-quality plain chocolate
- 75g (3 oz) cornflakes
MethodPrep:10min ›Ready in:10min
- In a saucepan over low heat, combine the butter, golden syrup and chocolate. Cook and stir until butter and chocolate have melted and everything is well blended.
- Gently mix in the corn flakes.
- Drop by heaped spoonfuls onto parchment paper, or into paper baking cases or onto a lightly buttered baking tray.
- Chill until set, about 15 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(77)
Reviews in English (59)
Altered ingredient amounts.I use powdered drinking chocolate instead of plain chocolate (2oz) - makes chewier texture and i think a better flavour-16 Mar 2009
Altered ingredient amounts.Try it this way too (for those who like peanut butter and chocolate!) instead of the 3 &1/2 tbl of butter use one tablespoon of butter and 3 to 4 tablespoons of peanut butter. Just put it all in a pan and let it melt together. YUMMY!-07 Aug 2008
Something else.Added crushed walnuts and used half the golden syrup and added some single cream (2 to 3 tablespoons) make sure you don't overcook the chocolate, melt it in a bowl over a pan of hot, not boiling, water and when at 90 degrees C its ready to add all the ingredients and make the cakes-24 Nov 2008