We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
We prepare a pan with a double bottom or a pan of tuci, we heat it well.
We cut the skin, but not too deep.
When the pan is very well heated, add the notched chest face down and leave for 6-7 minutes, then turn it on the other side and leave it for another 6-7 minutes.
We take it out in a bowl and let it rest.
In the remaining fat, add the butter and sugar, leave for 3 minutes, then add the orange juice, lemon juice and orange peel, mix and let it boil for a few minutes. Sprinkle with Grand Mariner and let the alcohol evaporate.
Cut the pieces of meat into slices and season with the sauce formed.
Serve with vegetable puree (parsnip / celery) or whatever you like.
Tuesday, November 6, 2012
Duck breast with orange sauce and gnocchi
France without a duck breast, that is, a duck breast, is inconceivable. This specialty belongs to the French Republic, as well as the baguette, tarts and various pies. We are in les Alpes Maritimes, a place where people, cultures, cuisines mix, it would be appropriate to think of a nice salad, a socca or a # # 2020atatouille, but we stopped for a duck breast on orange sauce, the only compromise to Italy being the gnocchi garnish.
If we were in Germany or Austria we would combine duck with red cabbage. perhaps we will achieve such goodness. but for now, you will certainly not be disappointed, dear friends.
I had three beautiful pieces of duck breast. We fry them over low heat, at first on one side, the one with skin and fat, until the latter melts and has become a crispy crust. We will remove the excess fat at the end.
Then turn the breast and continue to fry it, adding 200 ml of fresh squeezed orange juice with the pulp.
In total, it is necessary to stay on the fire for about half an hour, depending on the thickness of the duck breast. As, by boiling, the orange juice is concentrated, we dilute it with about 200 ml of red wine, to which we add, as the case may be, wine, or a little water, until the breast penetrates as we wish. Season with & # 8220herbes de Provence & # 8221 (see, again, local color.), Then sweeten, if necessary, with one or two teaspoons of brown sugar. This is when we remove the meat and put away the excess fat. Bring the sauce to a boil so that it acquires the desired consistency. We cut the duck breast into not very thin slices.
We will serve it with the sauce I described to you and with purchased gnocchi (to save time). By the way, these gnocchi I found here, with a potato and cheese dough, are very tasty.
Duck in the orange honey sauce in the oven
- soy sauce & # 8211 40 ml
- orange & # 8211 1 sea
- honey (liquid) & # 8211 80 ml
- salt, spices
- American mustard & # 8211 20 ml
- duck & # 8211 1 bird (about 2 kg).
Time: 110 minutes (without pickling).
Caloric content: 289.7 kcal.
- The washed and dried duck carcass is rubbed with salt and selected spices
- From the whole orange we squeeze the fresh juice in a convenient container
- We also send honey, mustard and soy sauce
- Mix the substance until it softens and cover with a spicy poultry carcass
- Put the duck in a baking sleeve and fill it with leftover plaster
- Turn the bag over several times to make the sauce over the whole poultry
- Place the workpiece in the refrigerator to marinate overnight
- Bake in the oven at 220 ° C and place a pan with a duck, previously extracted from the marinade
- 20 minutes do not touch and then reduce the oven temperature to 180 ° C and continue cooking for another 80 minutes
- While the meat is cooking, it is important to wet it with marinade and melted fat.
Who likes Rafaello candy? If you like it, then with.
Cheese paste with garlic
I recommend this healthy and light food, suitable for days.
Meatballs with onion and tomato sauce
Ingredients meatballs with onion and tomato sauce 500 g.
Summer salad with chicken, quail eggs and sauce.
I called it & # 8222Summer Salad & # 8221, because it's kind of.
Salsa with avocado, mango and onion
Maybe the title says it all. Well, he can't say how good he is and how well he goes along.
How to prepare the garden for summer
If you have a small garden, whether you live at home or you are lucky enough to benefit from it by living at.
Sugar-free ice cream & # 8211 top 4 recipes
Sugar-free ice cream. Certainly, any mother is happy when she hears these words. It's the ideal dessert for summer, but maybe.
Fennel, orange and walnut salad
If you haven't tried fennel, also called sweet anise, this salad is a good way to start.
Pickled eggs in beets
Don't know what to do with the boiled eggs left over from Easter? Pickled eggs are the fastest and.
Welcome to my virtual kitchen. My name is Laura and through this blog I want to present you the networks I have tried.
I have always loved to cook and I must admit that it is an ideal method of relaxation and "escape". Ever since I knew myself, I was sitting between my mother's legs in the kitchen, so from here you will realize the load of soul between me and my dishes :) I remember that I adored the enticing smell that accompanied me and my mother during the cooking stages.
I like to experiment and I never follow a recipe from head to toe or I change my mind, I start something and something else comes out. but what I can guarantee is that my dishes are unique every time and much appreciated by my loved ones for now :)
"Cooking" is no longer a simple hobby or occupation, because you have to eat and live. no, we all know that it is art and it is perhaps one of the oldest arts, so I will give it the necessary significance and I will tell you that everything I do is done with passion and because of this I like to go through all stages of preparation of a preparation. I don't like to make my work in the kitchen a lot easier, I can say that I "suffer" for each dish :)) Most of the time I prefer to do as much as I can manually, not to use the kitchen appliances. It is a pleasure for me to prepare, from A to Z, a dish.
Duck breast with pepper and almond sauce
The duck with oranges is a leitmotif in most kitchens of the world, it is a successful combination, but there is room for more. When it comes to duck breast, two aspects of the game are essential to putting one on the table yumiii: preparation of the breast and the quality of the sauce or dip. The classic variant for preparing the chest (at room temperature), is the one in which the oily skin of the chest is grown in diamonds & # 8211 but only the skin, without entering the meat. A very sharp knife is needed for this operation. Season the breast with salt and pepper on both sides, then place in a hot pan with the skin down. As the breast loses its fat, it drains from the pan and is stored for other slices. Once browned (after 4-5 minutes) turn and brown for another 2 minutes, then put in the oven heated to 170 C, between 4 and 8 minutes. It will be 4 minutes medium rare, exactly as it should be, by 8 minutes it will be well done, but it will be from another movie. As you like & # 8230 Remove the breast on a heated plate, cover and leave for 8-10 minutes before cutting. In this way I cooked the breast many times, the technique does not fail.
Today I changed the rules of the game, because I cooked it under vacuum (under vid). I followed the same steps at the beginning & # 8211 notched chest, salt, pepper, but this time I added a sprig of fresh thyme, sealed the bag and left the chest for 2 hours at 57 C. Then I pulled it to pan to brown & # 8211 3 minutes on the skin side and 2 minutes on the back, with the fat drained from the pan as it left the skin.
/> Sauce: baked capsicum peppers (if in vinegar, washed and drained), pan-fried roasted almonds, garlic, honey, orange juice and two sips of Pinot Noir, salt, pepper, olive oil & # 8211 if desired take it to the next level in terms of flavors, truffle paste or truffle flavored olive oil, they are perfect for this sauce & # 8211 all put in blender and mixed. You can match this sauce with almost any type of steak. I left the chest to rest for 10 minutes, in a heated and covered plate. I cut the chest into slices, poured the pepper sauce over which I added a few drops of balsamic vinegar cream.
It came out of the Michelin stars & # 8230The idea is that the great merit belongs to the technique under vacuum, believe me, I've never eaten such a duck breast, tender, juicy and especially giga-gourmet. The sauce only served to punctuate and refine a culinary work & # 8230Worth every lion invested in a cooking pot under vacuum, whatever, the cheapest, practically brings you the luxury restaurant in the house.
A wine is required for this gourmet, my recommendation is a Pinot Noir, fine, delicate, whose flow in the glasses can be late until late at night & # 8230
Duck with oranges (Canard a lOrange)
French cuisine requires refinement and patience if you want the end result to be the extravagant note of your menu. The combination, cooked over low heat, will be a success. Juicy and sour oranges will melt the fat of duck meat, turning the steak into an easy way, perfect even for a late dinner
The duck breast is washed, deboned and cut in half. Grow it on the surface to let the fat out more easily. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Peel the oranges and cut the skin into very thin slices that you will cook for a minute in half a cup of boiling water. Squeeze the oranges, strain the juice and boil it in a pan over medium heat until reduced by half.
Add the scalded shells and a cup of soup and continue to boil until the sauce drops and becomes thick.
Saute in a hot pan, without oil, the duck breast for 10 minutes with the skin down, turn it over, turn the heat up and fry it for 1-2 minutes in the fat that drains from the meat.
Drain the fat from the pan and add the previously prepared sauce. Now add the sugar, orange liqueur and balsamic vinegar and simmer until the alcohol evaporates, stirring constantly. Now you can adjust the consistency of the sauce and make it thinner by adding 1-2 teaspoons of water.
Add the cold butter over all the ingredients and mix in the pan until it melts.
You will add the last touch of master chef at the end when you can add more pepper to taste and maybe a few drops of balsamic vinegar.
Serve the duck breast warm, in heated plates, adding a few tablespoons of sweet and sour orange sauce on top.
Decorate with orange slices.
Pressing the button below represents your agreement to the TERMS AND CONDITIONS of the COMMENTING PLATFORM.
Oranges, like many other citrus fruits, are famous for their high content of vitamin C and other antioxidants. Orange tea is praised for its effects on inflammation and chronic diseases.
The most important benefits of orange tea include the following:
• Stimulates weight loss
• It has anti-carcinogenic potential
• Stimulates skin health
• Stimulates the immune system
• Maintains oral hygiene and eliminates bad breath
• It has a calming, calming effect
• Polyphenolic compounds, antioxidants, vitamin C and catechins will help prevent chronic diseases and strengthen the immune system.
To prepare orange tea you need dry orange peel. But be careful that it is organic, not chemically treated!
· 1 teaspoon of dried orange peel (Be careful not to be treated!)
· Cinnamon (optional)
· Honey (to taste)
· 1 cup of water
Method of preparation:
For a cup of water, use a teaspoon of dried, crushed orange peel.
Boil water and add a teaspoon of orange peel, turn off the heat and leave to infuse for 15 minutes.
Strain and add honey to taste.
The benefits of orange decoction:
• Fight against viruses and bacteria
• Treat cough
• Chest pain and cold
• Help eliminate mucus from the lungs
• Keep the flu at bay
• Strengthens the immune system
• Take care of the health of the respiratory system
Orange decoction recipe:
Take 4 oranges (organic, untreated!) With the peel, wash very well, then cut into small pieces. Pour 1/2 l of water at room temperature over the orange pieces and leave it from evening until morning, when it is filtered.
This liquid is put aside, and the oranges are boiled in another 500ml of water, letting it boil on low heat for 3-5 minutes, after which it is left to cool and strain. At the end, the two extracts are combined.
Careful! Not recommended for pregnant women.
Consume 2-3 glasses during a day, if necessary or in cures of 2-6 weeks.
In combination with other foods or beverages that contain caffeine, orange tea can create agitation and sleep disorders.
If you suffer from hyperthyroidism, orange peel tea can make your thyroid worse. It can also cause vision problems or weight loss. Orange peel tea worsens glaucoma.
Salad with duck meat, capers and cheese
a bag of arugula a baked duck breast 100 gr soft cheese Gauda 2 tomatoes a handful of capers 1-2 teaspoons French mustard 1/2 cup yogurt juice from 1/2 lemon salt freshly ground black pepper.
Method of preparation
Pour the washed and dried arugula on the plate where you want to serve the salad. And place the tomatoes on top, cut into thick slices.
My son Leo was very helpful this time!
We unwrap the duck meat in thin threads and "transport" it over the tomatoes and arugula.
Lightly mix the ingredients so far.
We slice the cheese as thin as possible. I even used the vegetable peeling knife for this, because otherwise I couldn't get the rather thin slices from Gauda, which is a pretty soft cheese.
Place the cheese nicely over the salad and sprinkle the capers.
The dressing room is not new! I have loved the yogurt sauce with mustard for a long time, because it goes perfectly with all kinds of combinations of vegetables, greens, cheeses and meats.
It's just that this time I replaced the classic mustard with the French one (with beans).
So nothing simpler: mix the yogurt with the mustard and the lemon juice well. Season with salt and pepper.
You can change the amount of ingredients according to your own taste: more mustard for a spicier taste, more or less lemon juice for the sour taste you like.
Duck breast with oranges.
Duck breast with oranges is a classic dish, very easy to execute, even by beginners. Originally this dish belongs to Florentine cuisine (Tuscany-Italy), and was born from the need to preserve meat in citrus juice. Exported to France by Catherine de Medici, it eventually became a famous French specialty. The characteristics of a successful dish are crispy skin and pink flesh. Like beef and lamb, duck meat can be made in the blood, medium or well penetrated, depending on the taste of each.
- 2 halves of duck breast
- peel from an organic orange
- juice from 2 oranges
- 2 bay leaves
- 30 gr butter
- 40 ml orange liqueur (I used Cointreau)
- 1 tablespoon grated bee honey (acacia or polyflora)
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Cut the skin from an organic orange as thin as possible, without the white part. Cut into segments then chop it into juliennes.
- Put water in a kettle, when it boils, scald the peel for a few minutes. Take it out on a paper towel.
- Shape the pieces of meat, clean them of any feather residues, toss the meat with a kitchen towel.
- Notch the skin in the form of a grid, with cuts at a distance of 1.5 cm.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on the meat side.
- In a cold pan, place the breasts with the skin down and fry over low to medium heat. You will see how the fat starts to melt. It is important to keep the fire low to medium, otherwise the skin will burn too fast and the fat will not melt completely. Toss 2 bay leaves and a few peppercorns in the pan.
- When you notice that all the fat has drained (5-7 minutes), turn to the other side. Keep the meat on the side for another 3 minutes, then transfer them to a smaller baking tray.
- Place the breast with the skin down and leave in the oven for a maximum of 10 minutes for a medium-sized meat or a maximum of 14 minutes for a well-penetrated meat. When it is ready, remove the tray, cover the pieces of meat with an aluminum foil and let it relax and diffuse all the juices from the meat until the time of serving.
- Drain all the fat from the pan in which you fried the meat. Extinguish with orange liqueur.
- Add the orange juice, scalded peel and a tablespoon of honey. Boil slowly until an emulsion forms. Taste and season with salt and pepper. The sauce should taste sweet, but balanced. You can in the sauce slices of orange pulp, without skin. You can choose to squeeze the juice only from one orange and cut the slices from the other.
- Remove the pan from the heat and add the very cold butter, cut into cubes. Place the cubes one at a time, only after the previous one has melted. Stir continuously with a whisk. The end result should be a thick sauce, about the consistency of a thinner caramel sauce, a beautiful orange color.
- Cut the breast into slices, transfer to heated individual plates and pour a few generous tablespoons of sauce on top.